View (Glynneath) Ltd - Glynneath Training Centre’s 200 Club
What is the 200 Club?
The 200 Club is a Prize Draw from View (Glynneath) Ltd – Glynneath Training Centre. Members of the 200 Club have the chance to win cash prizes and help raise funds for Glynneath Training Centre.
Funds raised by 200 Club members go towards sustaining and developing Glynneath Training Centre’s community services, including opportunities for education and skills training, volunteering and social, cultural, health and well-being activities.
Established in 1985, in response to economic hardship and through community action, GTC has grown considerably, over the years, developing community services to meet local need, including The Training Centre, Rompers Day Nursery, Fane Arts Centre, Pop up Charity Shop and training in environmental/ traditional craft and food growing initiatives.
How much does it cost?
You can become a member of our 200 Club, with a one off subscription of £65 per club year/covering 13 x 4 weekly Draws. (Equivalent to £1.25 per week).
You can also spread the cost by setting up a standing order for 13 payments of £5
What are the prizes?
You will be entered into a draw with a maximum of 200 fellow members of View (Glynneath) Ltd – Glynneath Training Centre’s 200 Club
A Draw will be held every 4 weeks with the following approximate prizes
1st Prize – up to £150, 2nd Prize up to £75 and multiple 3rd Prizes of up to £25
The 13th Draw in the 200 Club Year will be a Super Draw with 1st Prize of up to £1000 (plus 2nd Prize of up to £250 and 3rd Prize of up to £50)
(See Management of 200 Club Section below -note 11)
How does the 200 Club work?
On receipt of a single payment of £65 or a standing order confirmation of 13 x 4 weekly payments of £5 you will be allocated a Draw Number. (You can buy more than one share/number if you wish)
Every 4 weeks, 40% of total subscriptions received from members is put into a Prize Fund which is distributed as prizes:
- One FIRST PRIZEof 46% of the Prize Fund to a maximum of £150
- One SECOND PRIZEof 23% of the Prize Fund to a maximum of £75
- Multiple THIRD PRIZES(maximum £25 each) to use up the remaining Prize Fund
On the 13th Draw of the Club Year, the First Prize will be up to £1000, plus additional 2nd and 3rd Prizes
The 4 Weekly Draw will take place at Glynneath Training Centre on Fridays (a schedule of dates for the 13 Draws in any Club Year – is available from Glynneath Training Centre
Who can join the 200 Club?
Adults (16 years and over) can join the 200 Club
How many shares can I buy?
You may buy one or more shares, to a maximum of 4 per person. There will be a limit of 200 Shares for the Club. Shares/numbers can be in individual or joint names.
How much will be raised for Glynneath Training Centre Charity?
The funds raised for Glynneath Training Centre’s Community Services will be 60% of total member subscriptions received
How will I know if I’ve won a prize?
Prize winners will be contacted by email within seven days of the Draw date. Winners’ names will be listed on the Glynneath Training Centre website. www.glynneathtc.org.uk
Management of the 200 Club
- View (Glynneath) Ltd – Glynneath Training Centre is registered by Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council to promote a Small Society Lottery under the Gambling Act 2005. Registration Number: LO-0223 (effective as from 30/04/2015)
- The 200 Club Promoter will be Chair of The Management Committee, Mr Nick Thomas, c/o Glynneath Training Centre, Oddfellows Street, Glynneath SA11 5DB
- The Club ‘Year’ will run from 1st September to 31st August
- The 200 Club will be limited to 200 shares/numbers, held by members over the age of 16
- A register will be kept recording the name, address and other contact details of each 200 Club member, the number of shares held and the subscriptions received.
- The Draws will be conducted by 2 people, one of whom will be the Manager of View(Glynneath) Ltd
- New 200 Club Members will be eligible for a Draw if subscription is received 10 days or more before the next 4 weekly Draw date
- New 200 Club Members will receive confirmation of membership Draw Number/s by email within 7 days of joining.
- No 200 Club Member will be included in the draw if the appropriate subscription has not been received by the 5th working day of the month in which the draw will take place
- Prizes will be paid by bank transfer to the person holding the winning number.
- In the event of there being less than 200 shares sold at the time of any Draw, prizes will be awarded on a pro-rata basis of actual subscriptions received into the prize fund.
- Members can cancel their entry into the 200 Club at any time by giving at least one month’s notice to the Promoters. Payments committed by members to the current Club year cannot be refunded.
- Accounts will be available for inspection at the View (Glynneath) Ltd Annual General Meeting.
- Any revisions to 200 Club rules will be notified to members in advance of a new subscription year.
Who do I contact for more information?
Telephone: 01639 721772
Email: [email protected]