We are seeking an experienced manager to take the lead on business development and fundraising to support delivery of our community services and financial sustainability. The post holder will also oversee personnel and finance matters and help lead staff teams.
You will have proven skills in managing strategy and leading change within a social enterprise and of working in the charity/community sector. You will be skilled in fundraising including preparing grant applications, e-fundraising campaigns and business sponsorship.
Your experience of partnership working with voluntary sector partners, business leaders and policy makers at community, regional and national level will be essential. You will be qualified to Level 4 and above.
Post: Business Development Manager
Hours of work: 2 days a week (14 hrs)
Responsible to: Management Board
Responsible for: Staff and volunteers
Job purpose: To lead on strategic and operational delivery of GTC’s business plan, to include fundraising and developing new business opportunities, working with the community, the range of partner organisations and local business. To oversee personnel and finance functions.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Lead on the centre’s business development and fundraising to support delivery of our community services, maximise revenue streams and secure financial sustainability.
- research policy/priorities, identify relevant grant aid and prepare grant applications,
- network with businesses and partners, build sponsorship commitments
- develop our e-fundraising potential, donations, legacies, crowd funding etc
- monitor grant use and report to funders.
- develop projects as directed by the Board
- work in partnership with the community and our network of partner organisations
Oversee personnel and finance; support Personnel and Finance Officer:
- recruitment, welfare, performance, disciplinary matters
- finance systems, annual accounts, reports to charities commission, companies house
- Network widely with partners, business leaders and policy makers at community, regional and national level.
Work with the Learning/Operations Manager to:
- Achieve financial sustainability and oversee finance
- Oversee Rompers Nursery Team and delivery of childcare services
- Oversee Project Teams and delivery of project activities
- Prepare and deliver the Company Business Plan
- Prepare the Annual Report and coordinate the Annual General Meeting
- Support Management Board meetings and prepare committee reports
- Undertake any other duties, relevant to the job, as required by the Board.
|Experience||Experience in business development, and fundraising
Experience in leading strategy and managing change
Experience of partnership working with stakeholders at senior level
|Experience of working in a community/voluntary organisation/charity
Community and business links
|Skills, Knowledge||Proven skills in management
High level of numeracy and literacy to work with budgets, analyse and prepare bids, reports and business plans
Highly competent in IT
Up to date with digital developments such as e-fundraising
|Knowledge of local and regional business network
Knowledge of the learning
provider networks, statutory, voluntary and private sectors
|Qualifications||Qualified to NVQ Level 4 equivalent||Training/skills in management, business development|
|Other||Ability to manage effectively and achieve business targets
Able to prioritize and work to deadlines
Demonstrates ability to provide solutions to problems