About Glynneath Training Centre
Glynneath Training Centre is a Community Learning and Volunteering Centre in Glynneath in the Upper Neath Valley. We are a small independent charity established in 1985 and we work in partnership with colleges, universities and over 40 helpful services and agencies to bring essential resources to our community.
We are a “Second Chance Centre,” a supportive local space, where people can make friends, gain purpose, enjoy learning, gain confidence and move forward to positive outcomes such as qualifications, volunteering, jobs, personal growth and well-being. We also offer community based services, including our Centre for Learning / Volunteering, Community Information Centre, Rompers Day Nursery, Environment Projects and Revive Recycle Initiative.
Roles and Responsibilities
As the chairperson of the management team making decisions on how the organisation is run you will:
- provide support, direction, vision and leadership to the board and management team
- ensure the management team are effective in overseeing the organisation’s performance
- consider options and decide on the best way forward for the organisation
- help in raising awareness of the organisation
- manage the Manager and support the Manager in managing the organisation’s senior staff team
- consider the organisation’s financial position
- help raise funds to sustain the centre’s future (from a variety of sources including grants and sponsorship)
- ensure that the organisation is run properly and meets its legal requirements.
- meetings take place at the Glynneath Training Centre every 2 months and last around 1½ hours each.
The ideal person will have:
- confidence and leadership ability.
- enthusiasm, commitment and ideas.
- a business-minded approach.
- the ability to lead and contribute to approximately 6-9 meetings a year.
- knowledge of the local area.
- skills and experience gained from work, study, home and family life and/or other activities.
- ideas and vision for the centre’s development that you are willing to share.
- the ability to work with others and lead a team.
If you would like to learn more about this exciting opportunity and to be part of this essential local charity, please contact Malcolm Scott on 01639 721772 or [email protected]