As a parent your choice of childcare is one of the most important decisions you will ever make!
At Rompers we have been providing the children in our care with a safe, stimulating environment and a warm homely atmosphere since 2003. Rompers is registered with CIW (Care Inspectorate Wales) for 19 children from 18+ Months, however we are able to care for children up to 11 years. We have 8 members of staff who are fully qualified, DBS checked, experienced and friendly.
Rompers has a designated Baby Room, with age relevant play resources and activities, with an additional sleep/rest room. The main room is an open plan/multi space for toddlers and older children, with age appropriate equipment, toys, activities, books and learning materials. The Nursery spaces are set up with a continuous provision aspect in mind, helping the children to identify dedicated areas to make independent choices around play. We also do weekly/fortnightly themes in the the nursery to enhance the continuous provision, giving the children new learning opportunities and experiences. We have a secure outdoor play area for the children to have lots of fresh air and outdoor activities and learning opportunities.
Due to the open plan layout of our premises when you drop off and collect your child, you will be able to see what the children have been doing during their day, to meet all their friends and chat to the staff.
We are open Monday – Friday 8.00am- 5.00pm throughout the year except for Bank holidays and 2 weeks over Christmas.
What we offer:
- Nutritious Meals
Breakfast, lunch, a light tea, snacks and drinks are provided, which are freshly prepared, healthy and nutritious. We have varied menus and appreciate the value of seasonal and local produce, and use fresh produce grown at our Rheola Walled Garden
- Pick Up & Drop off service
We offer this service to the local schools and playgroups in the area. All cars and staff are fully insured to provide this service, giving working parents much needed peace of mind.
- Healthy and Sustainable Pre School Scheme National Award (HSPSS)
Rompers is proud to have successfully completed our reassessment in the Welsh Governments HSPSS National Award. The HSPSS was Launched nationally in 2011, the Healthy and Sustainable Pre School Scheme was developed as an extension of the Welsh Network of Healthy Schools Scheme (WNHSS). The HSPSS National Award,aims to ensure all young children have a flying start in life. We work towards the following:-
- To promote actively the development of the positive self esteem of all members of the pre-school setting community.
- To actively develop good relationships in the daily life of the pre- school setting.
- To identify, develop and communicate a positive ethos which promotes respect towards all, and a positive approach to health, the environment and the community.
- To ensure that all children have the opportunity to benefit from stimulating challenges and the right to play.
- To take every opportunity to enhance the environment of the pre- school setting.
- To develop good setting/home/community links and shared activities.
- To encourage all staff to fulfil their health promoting and ecological sustainability role, through staff development and training.
- To develop and implement coherent health activities and experiences.
- To establish good links with associated settings and schools to ensure smooth transition.
- To develop the setting as a health promoting workplace with a commitment to the health and well-being of all staff.
- To develop consistent complementary policies and practice which reflect a positive approach to health and the environment
- To develop partnerships with appropriate outside agencies and individuals, for advice and active support for health promotion and planning in the setting.
- To ensure all children in the care of the setting have their rights respected.
- Designed to Smile
Is a national Oral Health Improvement programme designed to improve the oral health of children in Wales, whilst at Rompers the Children are given the opportunity to brush they teeth at least once a day.
- Flying Start
Flying Start is a Welsh Government programme supporting families to give children a better start in life. Rompers is a registered Flying Start Nursery. If you live in a ‘Flying Start’ area, you will be eligible for 2.5 hours per day of free childcare, 5 days per week for 42 weeks during the year your child turns 2. Flying Start is a Early Years Government Funded Programme. Find out more information here
- O Gam i Gam
O Gam i Gam aims to promote and encourage the development of the accessibility and affordability of a range of quality and integrated registered childcare and play provision, which enhances the care, learning and play opportunities of all children and young people aged 0 to 14 (16 yrs) years of age within every community for those who need it. Parents/carers are able to access funding from O Gam i Gam, Neath Port Talbot referral and Assisted Scheme. This entitles parents/carers who are in reciept of certain benefits 50% discount on fees,for 2 x 4 hour sessions per week. The Referral element of the scheme enables children with specific needs to access and participate fully within a quality registered childcare or play facility. This is achieved by providing funding to the provider to employ an extra childcare worker to ensure the child’s needs are met in partnership with parents’ wishes. Find out more information here
- Childcare Offer Wales
We are a registered provider for the Childcare Offer for Neath Port Talbot. The Childcare Offer provides 30 hours a week of funded early education and childcare for eligible working parents of 3 to 4 year olds, for upto 48 weeks of the year. The offer is available for children from the term after their third birthday until the September following their fourth birthday when they are offered a full-time education place.The Offer consists of a combination of the existing Foundation Phase Nursery (FPN) provision open to all 3 and 4 year-olds, and additional funded childcare.All applications for the Childcare Offer are processed by Neath Port Talbot Council’s Childcare Offer Team. Find out more information here
- Admissions Policy
If you would like to visit the Nursery or wish to register your child at Rompers, please contact the Nursery Manager to arrange a meeting. We recommend that all children are booked in for small periods of time for the first few attendances, in order to get them used to the staff and the nursery environment.
How to contact Rompers Nursery
Telephone number – 01639729902
Person in Charge – Louise Davey – [email protected]
Responsible Individual – Malcolm Scott, Manager, Glynneath Training Centre